You can archive a sitting if you no longer want to display it within the Sittings List.
Archive is the process of moving older sittings (or sittings that are no longer required) into a different location on your system. You would normally archive a sitting if you wanted to reduce the number of sittings within the Sittings List. This could be because you want to make the Sittings List more manageable and make it easier for you to find current and newer sittings.
Whenever you archive a sitting, the following actions occur:
- The sitting is no longer displayed within the Sittings List.
- You can no longer change details of the sitting (unless it is restored).
- Any unused credits from students who did not use their access codes from the sitting, will be returned to the Remaining Credits Total once the Test Start Period has elapsed, which means the sitting has expired.
Any students within the sitting can still takes their tests using their access codes, up until when the sitting expires.
When viewing the Sittings List you can display all archived sittings, by selecting the Show Archived Sittings Only box within the Filter Pane.
You can restore archived sittings if you want to reverse the archive process, which means any restored sittings will reappear in the Sittings List.
To archive sittings
1 Click the Sittings buttonfrom the home screen.
All existing sittings are displayed within the Sittings List.
2 Find the sitting(s) you want to archive and click the Check box to the left of each sitting name that you want to archive. You can select multiple sittings if required.
Each time you click the check box for a sitting, notice the following:
- The Check box changes colour .
- The total number of sittings you have selected is displayed within the Archive button, in the top right corner of the screen.
3 To archive the selected sittings, click the Archive button.
4 Click the Yes button in the message box asking you to confirm the archiving of the selected sitting(s).
A green "Sitting(s) Successfully Archived" message will be appear in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Notice that the archived sittings no longer appear in the Sittings List.
5 If you want to display archived sittings, then you can tick the 'Show Archived Sittings Only' box within the Filter Pane. The sitting you just archived will be displayed. To display the Sittings List again, remove the tick from the 'Show Archived Sittings Only' box.
6 To return to the home screen, click the Home button