The functionality within Testwise is divided between 6 functional areas. Each Testwise user may have access to different functional areas of the system, depending upon the permissions that have been allocated to them, by the System Administrator or School Administrator.
All user levels, including the Teacher user role, have access to Students, Sittings, Reports and Services.
The School Administrator user role has access to two additional areas, which are Users and My Organisation. This means the School Administrator user role can create new users and define which logo appears on reports.
Main Functional Areas
Testwise includes the following main functional areas:
- Students- Students is the area that contains all the students who can to take online assessments are the individuals who take the tests within Testwise. You can add new students, import batches a batch of students and or change existing student details from this area. You can also group students together to enable you to manage large numbers of students in a logical wayOnce added, a student can be allocated any number of tests.What's New: In this new Registers have been replaced with the Students area, which means that each student is only added to the system once. Unlike the previous version of Testwise, Students replaces Registersthere is no longer a need to link multiple student records using UPNs.
- Sittings - Sittings is the online equivalent of gathering a group of students in a room to do the same test at the same time, in exam conditions. Within sittings you can:
- Define a time and date for a specific assessment.
- Link students to a specific assessment. Define the assessment start mode (Invigilation Mode), which can be either 'Start Automatically' or 'Start Manually'.
Create, print and distribute access codes for each student, to enable them to start assessments are used to define which students take which tests, and when these tests are taken. Once a sitting has been created and started, each student will be able to log into the Test Lobby and take their tests. What's New: In this new version of Testwise, students start assessments Students log into Testwise by entering an access code into their systemweb browser. Unlike the previous version of Testwise, they do not no longer need to enter a Register ID, select their own name from a list or enter any passwords. This new way of starting assessments tests is more robust than the previous method and means there is less chance of user error.
- View the assessment status for a student, which shows the students who have started the assessment, are in the process of doing the assessment or have finished the assessment.
- Reports - Reports is are the way in which assessment student test results are collated, analysed and viewed. displayed. Many reports also provide comparisons of student test results against national test results. What's New: In this new version of Testwise, reports are Reports are now easier to create, making the which means test results are more easily accessible.
- Services - Services contain details on all the assessments enables you to view the details of the tests and reports that have been purchased , in the form of creditsby your school. Most services contain various levels of tests, different types of tests and a variety of reports. Each service contains one or more subscriptions, which are each for a specific time period. You can now view your purchased services, the number of credits you have available for each test and the expiry date for each one from within Testwise.What's New: Services is a brand new functional area that was not available in the previous versions version of Testwise. In this new version of Testwise,New functionality that enables you to view your services, so that you can see how many credit you have and for which tests and the date when your credits expire. This means you will be able to plan and budget with all the information you require at your fingertips.Users - Users contains all the Testwise users
- Users are the individuals who use the Testwise system. From the Users area, you will be able to see all the Testwise users that are at the same user level or the level below yourself. You can create new users for the your Testwise system or reset user passwords when if required. You can also group users to enable you to manage large numbers of users in a logical way. You can only view the Users area if you have a School Administrator role.
Accounts - Accounts gives you the ability What's New: You can now create more than one user profile, which means that each Testwise user can have their own login credentials. In the previous version of Testwise, only one login was available for all staff within the same organisation or school.
- My Organisation enables you to view or change some of your Testwise account details. These details include the your organisation name, contact details for the key your Testwise user and the logo that will appear on all reports. account and some report parameters, such as the report logo. You can only view the Accounts My Organisation area if you have a School Administrator role.
All user levels have access to Sittings, Students, Reports and Services. School Administrators have additional access, which includes being given permission to access the Users and Accounts functional area.
System Administrator Functional Areas
The following functional areas are accessible only by the System Administrator:
- What's New: My Organisation is a new functional area that was not available in the previous version of Testwise.