The functionality within Testwise is split up into a number of different functional areas. Each Testwise user may have access to different functional areas of the system, depending upon the permissions that have been allocated to them by the System Administrator or School Administrator.
All user levels, including the Teacher user role, have access to Students, Sittings, Reports and Services.
The School Administrator user role has access to two additional areas, which are Users and My Organisation. This means the School Administrator user role can create new users and add a logo to the front cover of reports.
Main Functional Areas
Testwise includes the following main functional areas:
- Students- Students is the area that contains all the students who can to take online assessments. You can add new students, import batches of students and change existing student details from this area. What's New: In this new version of Testwise, Students replaces Registers.
- Sittings is the way in which tests are allocated to students. Within sittings you can:
- Choose a test for students to take.
- Define the date and time for the test to begin.
- Allocate the students who will take the test.
- Define the Test Start Mode, which can be defined as manually or automatically.
- Download, save and print Student Login Details for each student, to enable them to access theirs test. What's New: In this new version of Testwise, students log into Testwise by entering an access code into their web browser. Unlike the previous version of Testwise they do not need to enter a Register ID, select their own name from a list or enter any passwords. This new way of starting assessments is more robust than the previous method and means there is less chance for user error.
- View student progress to see how each student is interacting with the system.
- Reports - Reports is the way in which assessment results are collated and viewed. What's New: In this new version of Testwise, reports are easier to create, making test results more easily accessible.
- Services - Services display the specific tests / assessments that have been purchased by your school. Each service can contain one or more tests / assessments bundled together for purchasing purposes. You can now view your purchased services, the number of credits you have available for each test and the expiry date for each one from within Testwise. What's New: Services is a brand new functional area that was not available in previous versions of Testwise.
- Users - Users contains all the Testwise users at the same user level or the level below yourself. You can create new users for your Testwise system or reset user passwords if required. You can also group users together to enable you to manage large numbers of users in a logical way. You can only view the Users area if you have a School Administrator role.
- My Organisation - Accounts gives you the ability to . These details include the contact details for the key Testwise user and the logo that will appear on the front page of all your reports. You can only view the Accounts area if you have a School Administrator role.
Administrator Functional Areas
Some functional areas are only accessible if you have Administrator user permissions. The School Admin and Teacher user roles do not have access to any of these areas.
Testwise includes the following functional areas for Administrator use only: