The functionality within Testwise is split up into a number of different functional areas. Each Testwise user may have access to different functional areas of the system, depending upon the permissions that have been allocated to them by the System Administrator or School Administrator.
All user levels, including the Teacher user role, have access to Students, Sittings, Reports and Services.
The School Administrator user role has access to two additional areas, which are Users and My Organisation. This means the School Administrator user role can create new users and define which logo appears on reports.
Main Functional Areas
Testwise includes the following main functional areas:
- Students are the individuals who take the tests within Testwise. You can add new students, import a batch of students or change existing student details from this area. Once added, a student can be allocated any number of tests. What's New: Students replaces Registers.
- Sittings are used to define which students take which tests, and when these tests are taken. Once a sitting has been created and started, each student will be able to log into the Test Lobby and take their tests. What's New: Students log into Testwise by entering an access code into their web browser. Unlike previous versions of Testwise they do not need to enter a Register ID, select their own name from a list or enter any passwords. This new way of starting tests is more robust than the previous method and means there is less chance of user error.
- Reports are the way in which student test results are collated, analysed and displayed. Many reports also provide comparisons of student test results against national test results. What's New: Reports are easier to create, which means test results are more easily accessible.
- Services display the specific tests / assessments that have been purchased by your school. Each service can contain one or more tests / assessments bundled together for purchasing purposes. You can now view your purchased services, the number of credits you have available for each test and the expiry date for each one from within Testwise. What's New: Services is a brand new functional area that was not available in previous versions of Testwise.
- Users contains all the Testwise users at the same user level or the level below yourself. You can create new users for your Testwise system or reset user passwords if required. You can only view the Users area if you have a School Administrator role.
- My Organisation - My Organisation enables you to view or change some of your account details. These details include your organisation name, contact details for your Testwise account and some report parameters, such as the report logo and dates for your academic year. You can only view the My Organisation area if you have a School Administrator role.