The functionality within Testwise is split up into a number of different functional areas. Each Testwise user may have access to different functional areas of the system, depending upon the permissions that have been allocated to them by the System Administrator or School Administrator.
All user levels, including the Teacher user role, have access to Students, Sittings, Reports and Services.
The School Administrator user role has access to two additional areas, which are Users and My Organisation. This means the School Administrator user role can create new users and define which logo appears on reports.
Main Functional Areas
Testwise includes the following main functional areas:
- Students are the individuals who take the tests within Testwise. You can add new students, import a batch of students or change existing student details from this area. Once added, a student can be allocated any number of tests. What's New: Registers have been replaced with the Students area, which means that each student is only added to the system once. Unlike previous versions of Testwise, there is no longer a need to link multiple student records using UPNs.
- Sittings are used to define which students take which tests, and when these tests are taken. Once a sitting has been created and started, each student will be able to log into the Test Lobby and take their tests. What's New: Students log into Testwise by entering an access code into their web browser. Unlike previous versions of Testwise, they do not need to enter a Register ID, select their own name from a list or enter any passwords. This new way of starting tests is more robust than the previous method and means there is less chance of user error.
- Reports are the way in which student test results are collated, analysed and displayed. Many reports also provide comparisons of student test results against national test results. What's New: Reports are now easier to create, which means test results are more easily accessible.
- Services enables you to view the details of the tests and reports that have been purchased by your school. Most services contain various levels of tests, different types of tests and also a variety of reports. Each service contains one or more subscriptions, which are each for a specific time period. You can now view your purchased services, the number of credits you have available for each test and the expiry date for each one from within Testwise. What's New: Services is a new functional area that was not available in the previous version of Testwise.
- Users are the individuals who use the Testwise system. From the Users area, you will be able to see all the Testwise users that are at the same user level or the level below yourself. You can create new users for your Testwise system or reset user passwords if required. You can only view the Users area if you have a School Administrator role. What's New: You can now create more than one user profile, which means that each Testwise user can have their own login credentials. In previous versions of Testwise, only one login was available for all staff within the same organisation or school.
- My Organisation enables you to view or change some of your account details. These details include your organisation name, contact details for your Testwise account and some report parameters, such as the report logo and dates for your academic year. You can only view the My Organisation area if you have a School Administrator role.