Once you have created a sitting , you can monitor the way in which each student is interacting with the system by displaying one of the Student Progress screens.
You can view student progress for all students contained within one or more sittings.
For each assessment, each student will have one of the following progress statuses displayed:
- Not Started - The student has not logged into the Test Lobby and clicked the 'Start Test' button yet.
- In Progress - The student has logged into the Test Lobby but not completed a full test yet.
- Marking - The student has completed the test and the results are being processed by the system.
- Completed - The student has completed the test and the results have been successfully processed and saved within the system.
- Failed to Finish - The student has started the test, but has not completed it AND since the end of the Test Start Period, more than double the Test Duration time has elapsed. For example, if the end of the Test Start Period was 24 May 2016 at 11am and the Test Duration is 62 minutes and the student started the test at 10:50am and had not completed it by 1:04pm, then the Student Progress status will display Failed to Finish. 1:04pm is calculated by starting at 11am and adding 124 minutes (62 minutes multiplied by 2).
To view Student Progress
1 Click the Sittings button from the home screen.
All existing sittings are displayed within the Sittings List. See Understand the Sittings List for information about each column that is displayed.
2 Find the sitting(s) that contain the students whose progress you want to view.
3 Click the Progress button alongside the sitting name to view the progress of each student within the selected sitting.
Select the tick box to the left of a number of different sittings and then click the Report button to view the progress of each student completing tests within the selected sittings.
Notice that this progress screen contains a column for the Sitting Name.
The Student Progress screens provide information about how each student is interacting with the system, via The Test Lobby.
4 View the following details within the Student Progress screen:
- Student Name - The first name and last name of the student.
- Access Code - the unique code that enables each student to log into the Test Lobby to complete the tests that have been allocated to them.
- Logged In - whether the student is currently logged into the Test Lobby. This column will contain either a Yes or No. 'Yes' means that the student is currently logged into the Test Lobby and 'No' means the student is not currently logged into the Test Lobby.
- Progress Status - the remaining columns in the Progress Status screen show the names of each of the tests within the sitting and the student progress status for each one. See the top of this page for details of the five different statuses that may be displayed.
5 If you want to update the information on the Student Progress screen to reflect any changes in student activity since you opened the screen, click the Refresh button.
This Student Progress screen will automatically refresh at regular intervals too.
6 Click the Back button to return to the Sittings List.
7 To return to the home screen, click the Home button