For a quick summary of how to create a sitting, watch thevideo, which contains a section entitled Creating Sittings, approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds into the video.
When creating a sitting you will be prompted to enter details using the Sittings Wizard, which will ask you for the following information:
- Sitting Name & Test - name of the sitting and test you want students to take.
- Test Start Period - The earliest and latest date and time, a student can begin their test.
- Students - The names of the students who will be taking the test.
- Test Start Mode - The way in which the test will start.
You can monitor your progress whilst creating a sitting by viewing the Add Sittings Progress Bar at the top of the screen.
The colour of each section within the Add Sittings Progress Bar have the following meanings:
- Green - information has been successfully entered.
- Purple - the page that is currently displayed on your screen.
- Grey - pages where information has not yet been entered.
- Red - information entered is invalid and should be changed, otherwise you will not be able to move to the next page in the Sittings Wizard.
In the above example, the information on the Sitting Name & Test page has been entered, the Start Test Period page is currently displayed on the screen and the last three pages of the Sittings Wizard have not had any information entered on them yet.
To add a new sitting to the Sittings List
1 Click the Sittings buttonfrom the home screen.
All existing sittings are displayed within the Sittings List.
Note: If no sittings are displayed, this is because no sittings have been created yet or because existing ones have been archived. If you follow this process, the new sitting you create will be added to this list.
Sitting Name & Test page
2 Click the Add Sitting button.to display the Sittings Wizard.
To create a sitting you will need to enter information into the first 4 pages of the Sittings Wizard. The fifth page shows a summary of all the information you entered in the previous 4 pages, and is used for verification purposes.
3 Enter the Sitting Name, which will identify the sitting throughout the system, including within the Sittings List.
4 Click the Service button to display all the services available to you.
5 Within the Services List, select the service that contains the test that you require and click the Add button.
The service you just added is now displayed within the Service box.
6 Click the Test button to display all the tests (within the service you just selected) available to you within the Tests List.
7 Within the Tests List, select the test (at the level) that you want students to complete and click the Add button.
The test you just added is now displayed within the Test box and all the boxes within the Sitting Name & Test page of the Sittings Wizard are complete.
8 Click the Next button to move to the next page of the Sittings Wizard, which is the Test Start Period page.
Test Start Period page
Notice that the first section of the Add Sittings Progress Bar at the top of the screen has changed colour to show that information for the Sitting Name & Test page has been successfully entered.
Within the Test Start Period page, the From Date & Time and the To Date & Time define the time range between which a student can start their test(s).
For example, if students were allocated a 1 hour period on 24 May 2016 to log into the Test Lobby, starting at 10am, then the From Date & Time would be defined as 24 May 2016 at 10am and the To Date & Time would be defined as 24 May 2016 at 11am.
Note: Each Test Start Period cannot be greater than the Maximum Sitting Duration, which is defined by the System Administrator. If your sitting is for longer than the permitted number of days, then a red warning triangle will appear alongside one of the dates. When you hover your mouse over the red warning triangle, it will tell you the number of days that are contained within the Maximum Sitting Duration. Change one or both of the dates until the red warning triangle disappears.The Maximum Sitting Duration is usually set to 30 days.
9 In the Start Test Period page, define the From details by clicking the Date buttonand Time button alongside the From box.
The 'From' date is the earliest date and time the test can start.
10 Define the To details by clicking the Date buttonand Time button alongside the 'To' box.
The 'To' date is the latest date and time students can start their test.
11 Click the Next button to move to the next page in the Sittings Wizard, which is the Students page.
Notice the following details on the screen:
- The Test Start Period section within the Add Sittings Progress Bar has changed from purple to green to show that the information on that page has been successfully entered.
- The Credit Status Bar is displayed, showing the number of credits that are available within the selected service.
12 Ensure there are enough remaining credits for each student to take a test. You will need 1 credit for each student taking a test. If you do not have enough credits, then you should contact the Renewals Team.
When you do have enough credits you can edit the sitting and then save it, which means the credits will be taken for each student taking a test.
13 Click the Add Individuals button to display all the students within the Student List.
If a Load More buttonis displayed at the bottom of the Student List, this means all students are not currently displayed on the screen. Click the Load More button to display the next 100 students.
14 Select the students who will be taking the test, and then click the Add button.
The students you have just added are now displayed on Students page of the Sittings Wizard and the number of credits within the Credit Status Bar has been reduced by the number of students that you have just added.
15 Click the Next button to move to the next page in the Sittings Wizard, which is the Test Start Mode page.
Test Start Mode page
16 In the Test Start Mode page, select one of the following options, which defines how the test is started:
- Manual Test Start - Students can log into the Test Lobby within the Test Start Period, however, the tests are locked until a Testwise user (Teacher or School Administrator) manually starts the test by clicking the Start Test button from within the Sittings area. See Manually Start Tests for details about how to find the Start Test button.
- Automatic Test Start - Students can log into the Test Lobby and start their tests any time within the Test Start Period. See Automatically Start Tests for additional details about how this feature operates.
17 Click the Next button to display the Summary page.
Notice that all the sections in the Add Sittings Progress Bar at the top of the screen have changed colour to demonstrate that you have successfully entered all sitting details.
18 In the Summary page, check that all the details of the sitting you just created are correct.
If you want to change any sitting details then click the Back button until you find the information you want to change. Change the information as required, and then click the Next button until you reach the Summary page again.
19 To save all the information you entered in the previous 4 pages of the Sittings Wizard, you will need to click either the Save Draft button or the Save Sitting button, depending upon your requirements.
- Clicking the Save Draft button means that the sitting details are saved without reducing the number of credits in your total number of credits. The number of credits for this sitting will only be reduced when you change sitting details and then click the Save Sitting button.
- Clicking the Save Sitting button means that the sitting details are saved and the number of credits in your total number of credits is reduced by the number of students taking tests in the sitting.
The sitting you have just created will now be displayed within the Sittings List.
20 To return to the home screen, click the Home button