xxx - This first draft is 100% complete.
xxx - This online help project is a work in progress. Content and design are both currently being updated. Topics that do not contain 'xxx' markers or red text are complete and ready to be shared with external users.
Testwise enables you to assess your students' education, mental health and well-being, using our online assessments. All assessments have been created using our vast experience in the education industry, which spans over 30 years. Our assessments are now used by over 3 million students every year and provide educational professionals with the information and tools they require to raise standards.
This new version of Testwise contain a full end-to-end assessment process, which enables you to effortlessly gather test results to assess your student's education, mental health and well-being. The new and improved functionality is based upon comprehensive feedback from existing users and clients, which means Testwise is now more streamlined than ever before.
Testwise includes the following functional areas:
- Students - An easier and more flexible way to manage students. You can add new students, import batches of students and change existing student details effortlessly. You can also group students to enable you to manage large numbers of students in a logical way. In this new version of Testwise, Students replace Registers.
The functionality within Testwise is divided between 6 functional areas. Each Testwise user may have access to different areas, depending upon the permissions that have been allocated to them, by the System Administrator or School Administrator.
All user levels, including the Teacher user role, have access to Students, Sittings, Reports and Services.
The School Administrator user role has access to two additional areas, which are Users and My Organisation. This means the School Administrator user role can create new users and define which logo appears on reports.
Main Functional Areas
Testwise includes the following main functional areas:
- Students are the individuals who take the tests within Testwise. You can add new students, import a batch of students or change existing student details from this area. Once added, a student can be allocated any number of tests.What's New: Registers have been replaced with the Students area, which means that each student is only added to the system once. Unlike the previous version of Testwise, there is no longer a need to link multiple student records using UPNs.
- Sittings are used to define which students take which tests, and when these tests are taken. Once a sitting has been created and started, each student will be able to log into the Test Lobby and take their tests. What's New: Students log into Testwise by entering an access code into their web browser. Unlike the previous version of Testwise, they do not no longer need to enter a Register ID, select their own name from a list or enter any passwords. This new way of starting assessments tests is more robust than the previous method and means there is less chance of user error.
- View the status for a sitting, which shows the students who have started the assessment, are in the process of doing the assessment or have finished the assessment.
- Reports - More easily accessible reports, containing all the assessment results in a format that you require.
- Services - New functionality that enables you to view your services, so that you can see how many credit you have and for which tests and the date when your credits expire. This means you will be able to plan and budget with all the information you require at your fingertips.
- Users - Ability to create new users for the system, giving them permission to use only the areas they require. You can create new users and change existing user details effortlessly. Resetting passwords and creating groups of users enables you to manage your system users easily.
- Accounts - Ability to view or change your Testwise account details, if you have the relevant user permissions.
- Reports are the way in which student test results are collated, analysed and displayed. Many reports also provide comparisons of student test results against national test results. What's New: Reports are now easier to create, which means test results are more easily accessible.
- Services enables you to view the details of the tests and reports that have been purchased by your school. Most services contain various levels of tests, different types of tests and a variety of reports. Each service contains one or more subscriptions, which are each for a specific time period. You can now view your purchased services, the number of credits you have available for each test and the expiry date for each one from within Testwise.What's New: Services is a new functional area that was not available in the previous version of Testwise.
- Users are the individuals who use the Testwise system. From the Users area, you will be able to see all the Testwise users that are at the same user level or the level below yourself. You can create new users for your Testwise system or reset user passwords if required. You can only view the Users area if you have a School Administrator role. What's New: You can now create more than one user profile, which means that each Testwise user can have their own login credentials. In the previous version of Testwise, only one login was available for all staff within the same organisation or school.
- My Organisation enables you to view or change some of your account details. These details include your organisation name, contact details for your Testwise account and some report parameters, such as the report logo. You can only view the My Organisation area if you have a School Administrator role. What's New: My Organisation is a new functional area that was not available in the previous version of Testwise.